Friday, September 4, 2009

What am I doing wrong?

I feel like I am struggling as a mother. I am having such a hard time trying to figure out what is wrong with Kyra. I can't seem to figure her out. The past couple of nights, she has been fighting sleep. Screaming Mommy...don't want to in her bed. It makes me feel so sad and horrible, like i am a terrible mother if I don't go in there and try to calm her down. But, if I do go in there, she wants to get down and play. I'm sure she is tired...she is used to go to bed the same time every night. Why the sudden change now??

2 comments:

  1. Lisa--That is a hard one. I try to look at "refusing to go to bed" like I would "refusing to do anything else". It's a power struggle. Made worse by the fact that she can call you by name. If it was me, I would go in, explain that she doesn't have to to go sleep, but she does have to be quiet and in bed, and that I would not be coming back. And then leave. And not come back. But then I am a fan of CIO, sometimes. Hope that it gets better for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you aren't doing anything wrong...you're a great mother! just remember that this too shall pass. ;) xoxo

    ReplyDelete